Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Tragic Aftermath

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I must request a moment of silence for body fat... specifically the fat on my belly. You see, since the cleanse, I haven't been able to stomach any meat besides fish. I ate two eggs on the 3rd day after the cleanse and thought I would keel over. My tummy shrank, along with some other stuff. Body fat is dead. What a tragedy... NOT!

I am enjoying a life of fruit, veggies, grains, nuts, fish, and some cheese. Yes. ENJOYING. I don't miss meat a lick. As a result, I can look down while I'm driving and see my lap. Wow. Just as I was getting used to seeing stomach and knees... I can see LAP. The law should probably count lap-watching in the same category as "driving while talking on a cell phone," because a new lap is very distracting.

I still see some bad habits trying to surface, like too many refined carbs. But boy oh boy. The good habits are coming out of the woodwork.

  • I keep clean (distilled, reverse osmosis, spring) water in the house... much more than I used to.
  • I spend more time in the produce section of the market than the meat, snack, and bread sections put together.
  • When I purchased prepared foods on my last Whole Foods trip... they were all veggie based. Corn cakes. Greens with garlic. Ummmm.
  • I eat very few sweets now. I was no "sweet tooth" before, but I'm eating even less.
  • I don't graze all day. I have no desire to visit the snack machine to fight the midday blahs.
I am totally annoyed that January is still 3 months away. I'm counting the time for my 20-day cleanse. As I told Scott today, I've become the Cleanse Evangelist!

No comments: