Here is an excerpt from the early plans (nothing decided for sure):
Our first annual weight loss challenge (20 weeks) will begin on Friday January 5th and continue through Friday May 25th.
The challenge will feature:
- Published entry forms for those who want to “compete” for prizes.
- Weekly journals for all Challenge participants.
- Published 20-week journals of the top 3 participants plus participating group moderators.
- A top prize and runner-up prize, judged by List Owner Mary, and Moderators Anna, Hawa, and Thia.
- The most awesome weight loss and cleansing peer support available on the internet!
In spite of several concerns that a few of our members are using Stanley Burroughs Master Cleanse as a quick way to lose weight, we are hosting our first annual Weight Loss Challenge. This year’s challenge is named: Lemonhead Losers.
In his book, Stanley Burroughs declared his own cleanse as an optimal way to lose weight (fat, toxins, and water). If that isn’t convincing enough, also consider the following:
- Overweight/obesity is a known contributor to life threatening illness.
- The American Heart Association maintains a list of known cardiovascular problems that are specifically caused or greatly magnified by carrying extra weight.
- The quick weight loss associated with the cleanse is no different than fast weight loss on shows like The Biggest Loser and no different than the quick weight lost after bariatric surgery.
No matter how you slice it, losing the extra weight is a necessary part of any plan for overall health and fitness.
If you fall into the category of folks with a weight loss goal, we invite you to join our Challenge!
Whether or not the Weight Loss Challenge happens, I have a plan to lose 40 pounds in the new year. I'll share that journey at this blog - duplicating my journal entries from the Yahoo group if necessary.
Leave a comment if your New Year involves losing weight. Make your way over the the Yahoo group and get some of the best support available on the internet!