Tuesday, March 28, 2006

In Memoriam on Day 3

Tuesday, March 28, 2006
People describe the life of drinking lemonade as "boring," and sometimes fall off the cleanse out of sheer need to break the monotony.
Yet I find so many fun things to do while cleansing, like observing the oddities of life on the Porcelain Throne. So before I continue:
I want to call a moment of silence for the toilet paper rolls that are murdered in large numbers while cleansing. [ ]
It's amazing how little time passes before the lifeless little brown tub is hanging helplessly from the roll. One day, the roll is loaded with soft quilted goodness, and the next day it's just a shell of its former self. I wonder if the septic system would need an upgrade if everybody in my townhouse community cleansed at the same time.

I imagine how teams of preschoolers could have endless fun hours of toilet-roll-cardboard-thingy craft projects. Parents would squeal with glee as the next "I love you mommy" project was sent home.


Here's how Day 2 went yesterday:
  • I drank 53.8 ounces of lemonade (5 glasses) plus 20 ounces of fresh spring water
  • It took my P.M. Senna tea exactly 7 hours to work, but this time, it "worked" for about an hour. I was up from 3am to 4am killing more toilet paper.
  • The strange dull aches in both ears lasted all day long.
  • I continued to have nagging pains in certain joints, but it subsided by evening
  • I found myself watching cooking shows, excited about eating healthy foods after the cleanse. I didn't want food though, even when they pulled the fresh Italian pizza from the oven.
  • Cooking dinner for my son was easy. He had an organic pizza with basil pesto and a whole wheat crust. I wasn't the least bit interested.
  • I do still fantasize about my next opportunity to have chitlins, but the good thing is, I don't want them right now.

2 comments:

Hawa Bond said...

Thanks for the kick in the pants, Adora! I've been away from the blog lately. I posted about the end of the cleanse, and I'll have more soon.

Anonymous said...

Do you think avian flu is going to be a problem ?

I heard it would hit USA & Canada this fall.

Is there anything to the avian flu panic ?