Monday, July 31, 2006

Day 0: Starting a Cleanse on the Wrong Side of the Bed

Monday, July 31, 2006

I suspect that by tomorrow afternoon, I will wish I'd stayed in bed. In my zeal to be a good example, today I became the example of what-not-to-do when preparing for a cleanse.

I put in 0% preparation for my cleanse that starts tomorrow. I'm trying to put on my pleated skirt, grab my pom-poms, and get the cheering going... but I'm on empty. Let's look at my checklist of preparations:
  • Son's birthday resulted in 3 days of cake, ice cream, and leftover junk food.
  • Red wine with dinner last night - usually a good healthy choice but not a great way to start a cleanse.
  • Coffee for breakfast this AM - which is known to cause killer cleanse headaches if not stopped long before a cleanse begins.
  • Pasta with chicken and sausage in the fridge for lunch today - knowing carbs are another factor when cleansing.
With a checklist like this, I need to run away to a cleanse farm somewhere on a secluded island. And by virtue of a massive brain-fart, I'm starting this one in the middle of a work week. Ouch.

Flipping the coin - I LOVE A CHALLENGE. I thrive when things are working against me. I shine when little is expected of me. And I throw a mean punch when threatened by an unusual foe.

My unusual start will probably result in some colorful blog entries over the next few days. That is, if I'll still coherent.

Rock on.
See ya tomorrow for Day 1.

Technorati Tags:




No comments: