Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fe.ar Fac.tor

It's time for another cleanse, and I have the nervous jitters of a school girl. And it isn't even about the fasting, the lemonade, or the butt pee. It's about another attempt to pursue a healthy life that may fall into a bucket of Hot Wings.

I am the first one to admit that a cleanse is faaaaaaar from a magic bullet. But most people, including myself, enter a cleanse with high hopes of continuing a healthier lifestyle. Invariably, the water heater will die, the job will get stressful, or (women) have a period swoop in like a hurricane - - and suddenly Hershey's becomes your best friend.

In the balance of health vs. weight loss... my attitude has changed greatly over the past 10 years. In my 20's, I was more concerned about a dress size than living a long healthy life. And in some cases, I considered sacrificing my health to be a size 6.

But now, I want a long life with my parents, my sons, by sweetheart, and anybody else I was placed on this earth to love and serve.

And because of that, I'll keep my high hopes for the long healthy life that can follow this next cleanse. Fear is not a Factor for me. hehe

3 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

Hawa...at some point you'll simply have to start living. Cleansing is a wonderful thing, but it's not always the cure all as it's toted as being. Having healthy diet is not as hard as many think it is. If you're dedicated enough to do a cleanse, you can be equally dedicated to eating well. Yes, I realize that having children is a curse to our dining, but by including them in eating well, everyone in your household benefits. Including fruits, veggies, and fiber in your diet is very easy and we can discuss it sidebar. I'm a firm beleiver that deprivation is the leading cause of weight gain. We have to submit to our cravings from time to time; it's the discpline of knowing when to stop that many lack.

Instead of me bloggin in your comments. *snicker*, let's detail this offline.

Anonymous said...

Blu Jewel and Hawa, I so admire you both. I know what clean and healthy eating is, yet I fall off the wagon daily. Yesterday I began a cleanse for the upteenth time, then fell apart late at night for the upteenth time. I ate watermelon and 2 miniature hostess twinkies. WHY?! I was good all day until that point.

Anyway, here I sit again with my lemons, syrup and cayenne, ready to begin again. I read your blogs and ask myself why can't I seem to get past that first day, let alone the first three.

Thanks so much for sharing!


Cynthia

Hawa Bond said...

Hey Blu and Cynthia!

I haven't been here for a while, but I was glad to enter and read your comments.

I need to get this blog going again. You've encouraged me to start TODAY.