Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Master Cleanse 2007 Day 5: Conquering the Bowling Alley

Day 5 was a particularly long day at work. Organizational issues and unrest left me a little weary as the day came to a close. I called Vic (missed the goal again), and we took the boys to the bowling alley. They bowled a truck load of games while Vic and I played pool.

If you remember from my old posts, the bowling alley is a huge hangout for my family... and our alley has one of the best kitchens in the area. That's were I find myself eating all the wrong stuff - especially pork roll and cheddar cheese.

Darius munched on a chicken cheesesteak. Robbie munched on pizza. And Vic came back with the mother of all umm-umm-good with a patty melt. But guess what? I wasn't moved. I really am conquering the comforts of food one day at a time. Having a love in my life helps, but I also have a more focused vision for a larger goal. I really want to lose these pounds, live a healthy life, and bless my family with many years of my love.

Cleanse points from today:
  • I drank 5 glasses of lemonade. I only had the 5th because I crashed sometime in the evening and needed the energy.
  • I didn't drink enough water, which is a no-no.
  • I skipped my senna tea before bed.
  • I continue to cut my maple syrup by almost half, because anything else is just too sweet. BUT, if I'm gonna keep with the low consumption, I may need the full syrup for the calories.
Weight loss has stalled at 4 pounds, which doesn't bother me one bit. I understand how fluctuations occur during the cleanse, and I'm more concerned about the diet and exercise that will come after the cleanse.

Cleanse Advice Point #238:

Never try to "fast" from a new love. It's like insanity on a stick, dipped in nuts and wrapped in crazy. Ugh.

1 comment:

Blu Jewel said...

Congrats on making it through day 5. I'm so proud!!

"Never try to "fast" from a new love. It's like insanity on a stick, dipped in nuts and wrapped in crazy. Ugh." Now that was some funny ish right there. Figure it this way, it's like becoming a vegetarian, you can't give up meat overnight...wink...lol!