Sunday, January 01, 2006

Cleanse 2, Day 0: Searching the Sofa Cushions for Excuses

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Oh boy. The roaring decision to go on a 21-day fast is turning into a whimper. I’ve been on a preparation roller coaster that Ritalin couldn’t cure.

One day I’m excited about the cleanse. The next day my mind is searching for excuses like a junkie looking for extra change between the sofa cushions.

“The 31st is right after the holiday. You’ll be loaded with holiday food and that will make the cleanse harder.”

“The last cleanse was barely three months ago. This one is too soon.”

The list went on and on…
I’m happy to report that I stepped off the roller coaster and settled into my decision – with a big smile on my face.

This time around, I’m adding some quick stats to my posts. Somebody from the Master Cleanse group at Yahoo gave me this idea. My scale is on the fritz, so those stats won’t include weight loss in pounds.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: