Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Cleanse 2, Day 10: I'm Every Woman

Tuesday January 10, 2006

Some time ago, as I helped my 6-year old with his homework, he had a wide-eyed revelation:

"Mommy, you're a teeeeeeee-cher!"

"Why yes, honey, I am."

During the Christmas holiday, I got some scrubs for wearing around the house, and he had another revelation,

"Mommy, you look like a NURSE!"

"I am a nurse, honey."

Whether single parents, wives or mothers, women are still living the life of "every woman."
Wife | Friend | Boo-boo nurse | Teacher | Daughter | Secret-keeper.

That list can go on until the blog crashes or Christ returns - whichever comes first. The "woman" missing at the top of too many lists is "just me."

As I cleanse, the way I look and feel starts actually feeling like "me." The time I take to care for my health - outside of mom and boo-boo nurse - is a step closer to enjoying the "me" that I rarely get to hang out with.

Ever notice how women on makeover shows become a heap of tears in the mirror as they exclaim, "I finally look the way I feel. That's really me."

Every moment I spend on this cleanse is a moment dedicated to me. Besides, everbody benefits when the boo-boo nurse has lots of energy and lives a long life.

Quick Stats:
Lemonade: 6 glasses
Water: 20 ounces
AM: Senna Tea, PM: Senna Tea
Weight Loss (no scale): Noticeable shrinkage in the midsection
Healing Crisis: Not sure, but nauseous cramps and loud ringing in ears in the evening that was gone when I woke up.
Wildcard stat: I've caught myself running up the steps enough to rival Rocky Balboa.

Flashback:
Wanna see where I was on Day 10 of my first cleanse?
Day 10, Part I: To Be or Not to Be Done(?)
Day 10, Part II: The Finish Line

No comments: