Thursday, October 13, 2005

Cleanse Day 4, Part II: If You Could Only Take 2 Things With You

October 12, 2005

Today was my first day back to work since starting the cleanse. Our building was treated to a fire alarm. I bounced from my chair and froze in my tracks. I had to stop and get the two most important things from my cubicle (1) my lemonade (2) my car keys. I can't afford to get hungry or get stranded without a Porcelain Throne Retreat.

I've been visiting the rawsome website, launched by a woman who essentially changed her entire health and overall life by adopting a raw foods lifestyle. Now I can't imagine myself eating only raw food, but I can surely agree with her call for everyone to add some raw foods to the diet.

In fact, I have had some serious conversations with myself about food and vitality. I put a pindrop of bbq sauce on my tongue last nite, swashed, and spit. It tasted *funny.* We live on a lifetime of substances that our body finds odd. French Women Don't Get Fat, my latest reading material, takes a light (yet informative and action-based) look at the balance between health, vitality, and the enjoyment of all kinds of food. I'm actually having fun considering healthier life after the cleanse.

I've only heard once before that we cleanse physical AND emotional crap from our bodies. I'm starting to wonder if that's valid, because I had a short period of the blues last night. Weird. Didn't last long, but was very sudden and very obvious.

I have always been a vivid dreamer (full of colors, sound, other sensory activity, etc.). It's like being awake. Well over the past 3 days or so, my dreams have been much more vivid, and involve more people that I know. Last night, it was the neighbor. It would be interesting to find out that what I learned in the dream was true. Hmmmm.

More tomorrow.

No comments: