Monday, October 17, 2005

Cleanse Day 7, Part II: The Tolerance of a Flea

October 15, 2005

For some reason, my annoyance meter is stuck on hair-raising. I have zero patience with the kids.

The apology I owe the kids was an easy thing. They must be wondering where there mother went! But the hard part is answering the question... "What am I so annoyed about?"

I have a few theories. I've read that when you cleanse, you also cleanse your emotional (attitude) centers. Sounded a little loopy to me until today. Foods are also connected to attitude, emotions and behaviors. Am I cleansing that part of my body???

I also wonder if I'm getting nervous about the approach of Day 10. I don't think I'm ready to ween from my lemonade!

Anyway, I sure wouldn't want to live with me today, but I have no choice.

On a positive note, I'm still feeling great (physically).

Yesterday, the boys wanted Pizza Hut. Not on my watch! I don't want to leave them a legacy that requires cleansing to "fix" their health. The 6-year old settled for Vegan Lasagna, and the 13-year old settled for gluten-free pizza, with a rice crust, made with organic ingredients. Aaaaaah. That's better. A meal a mother can feel good about!

More tomorrow.

No comments: